Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Alligators, Crawfish, and Swamps, Oh My!!!
























































Just recently we took a business/family trip to Louisiana. Kurt is working on a Grant project dealing with Louisiana's vanishing wetlands and so, Sutton and I decided to tag along for the ride. I've been to Louisiana (Baton Rouge & New Orleans) on many occasions with Kurt to visit friends and of course, go to Mardi Gras. We've always had a blast but, this time, traveling with a two year old was a totally different experience!! It was still a lot of fun...I really love the culture, food, and music in Louisiana and I LOVED that Sutton was able to experience new surroundings. However, instead of partying on Bourbon street till 2 a.m or hanging out at the Thirsty Tiger in Baton Rouge, our days were filled with swamp tours, zoo trips, storyland, and bedtime at 8 p.m. I guess that's what happens when you have children. Life, and the idea of fun, take on a whole new but wonderful meaning! Enjoy the pictures!!!
Love to all,
Courtney

2 comments:

ashleyjames82 said...

I love that you are doing this! I miss you guys so much. I can't wait until I see you again. I don't know if it will be Thanksgiving or April!?!? Love you guys!

Ashley

Anonymous said...

I am so glad you love Louisiana. It is a great place to live and visit. I miss y'all. I hope next time you come down to visit we will be able to see one another.