Monday, November 17, 2008

Eat, Pray, Love


Last night, I just finished the book Eat, Pray, Love by Elizabeth Gilbert, and I have to say that it's wonderful and a must read for everyone!!! Usually, I am only interested in books dealing with darker subjects of serial killers and mind-bending plots however, there was something about the storyline of this book that reeled me in. Eat, Pray, Love is an intense and moving memoir of self-discovery. Dealing with a terrible divorce, deep depression, and a midlife crisis, Elizabeth Gilbert decides to take a yearlong, life-altering journey to "find" herself. Within this year she spends time in Italy, indulging in the pleasures of life, India, searching for devotion and deeper connection with God, and finally, Indonesia, where she studied balance and found love. This is such an uplifting story that I feel we can all connect to in one way or another. Please, if you love reading as much as I do, take the time and you'll be amazed how much it will influence your own outlook on life.

Love to all,
Courtney

2 comments:

Amber, Scott, and Carter said...

sounds great!! the Twlight series is next on my list.

Chap and Heather said...

I read this book last year when Oprah had the author on her show, it was REALLY good! Just watching the author speak about her life effected my outlook, I agree totally!

Twilight series is excellent!!! I highly recommend it =) I am about to start the fourth one this weekend!