Wednesday, January 14, 2009

First day of school!


Off to her first day at school!!

Brushing her teeth for the big day!

Already a bookworm:)

Today Sutton went to her very first day of Preschool!! Kurt and I decided that Sutton would greatly benefit from going part-time two days a week. For those of you whom know Sutton, she is very shy and physically timid so, we thought some exposure to other children would help her come out of her shell. So, this morning I made Sutton's favorite breakfast, waffles, picked out the cutest outfit, packed her bag, and we were off. It was everything I could do to hold back the tears and the entire drive I wondered how Sutton would handle the drop-off. Well, as soon as we got to the classroom door Sutton bolted for the first toy and never looked back, not even to say goodbye. What can I say...she's independent. When I picked her up this afternoon the teacher said she did wonderful and to top it off, we have our first preschool finger painting for the Fridge:) Enjoy the pictures!!

2 comments:

Amber, Scott, and Carter said...

wow!! my heart sank just thinking about dropping Carter off at school. time goes so fast!

Chap and Heather said...

Hooray for Sutton! I know that is a huge deal, I watch parents drop their kids off for the first day of kindergarten...I think it's harder for the parents than it is for the children so, congrats to you too mom!! =)