Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Indoor Snow Day

Last night, Springfield was blanketed by a beautiful 6 inches of snow. Gorgeous fat flakes began to fall on top of an inch of ice and the hopes of being out of another day of school was quickly confirmed. Kurt, Sutton, and I went to bed excited about the day of sledding and building snowmen that lay ahead.
However, this dream quickly turned into a nightmare when at 5 a.m. I was awoken to the sound of my daughter gasping for air! I rushed into her room and found Sutton unable to breath and turning blue. For a parent this is your WORST nightmare!!! Thank goodness we live a block away from the hospital, we grabbed Sutton, ran to the car, and speed to the hospital in all the snow and ice. Immediately, she was given breathing treatments and steroids. In minutes her breathing was back to normal and everything was looking better. After a series of X-rays and a complete physical the doctor discovered that Sutton had a severe case of Croup. So, after a few hours we were final released with a large dose of steroids and a breathing machine to take home and administer every few hours. All in all everything turned out alright and Sutton is doing much better. So, we just have to enjoy the beauty of Winter from our windows! Enjoy the few pictures I was able to take.






Love to all,
Courtney

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I can't believe....poor Sutton. Did she already have a cough or did it just start? What a terrible night, but I am glad you live so close to the hospital. I hope she starts feeling better.